Saturday, June 14, 2008

Ups and Downs

UPDATE!!

Yep, it's about time for another update from the Cooks.

Bad Badda-boom

First up, some bad news about the car. It's.. conked out on us. The head gasket has blown, leaving me with the choices of either new car or new engine. I'm still debating and researching which might be the best option, and seeing what funds I have available.

Jobs and the like

Bexs has begun to settle into her new job now. She's getting all that preliminary paperwork waffle done. Soon they'll be setting her up with training courses and the like to get things going for her. It's an exiting time for her.

My job is well.. the same.

Home

My new regime is going pretty well. I've done some good work on my book and I'm feeling good about it. One of the reasons my blog is being updated is because of my new little 'to do' chart. There's also some sections on there for some of my other projects, such as my gaming blog and Astris Bandit.

Recently I formatted Bex's lil laptop to help it work a lot smoother, but I've hit a snag. I managed to put Windows on it, but it'll expire soon because the product key is already registered to my PC. I'm not too sure I want to spend 16 hours on a phone to Microsoft, so I might bite the bullet and install a version of Linux onto the lil laptop. It won't make too much difference to us as most of the programs I use are open source bits and bobs like Open Office. Still researching that one.

Games

Monster Hunting

I've chilled out on Monster Hunter for a bit. I was gettin' a bit *too* addicted. Took a week off from it which did me good. Not really much to report really. Just hunting a few beasties to get materials that will help me improve my weapons and armour.

FFXI

Well, I've made some interesting progress on FF. My linkshell had a big drive on missions, and now me and a fair few others are now Rank 8. Not bad considering the Ranks go up to 10.

I did the Genkai quest, and now I'm at the lofty level 53. Also, I've managed to nab another piece of my job specific Artefact Armour, a pair of furry boots. When I hit level 55, I have to do a second Genkai quest to allow me to reach level 60, plus I get to go hunting for more pieces of my Artefact armour.

I've put some effort into my sub job too, which now lies at level 30. I hope the next time I level it up I'll get it to level 37, at which point I can put it to bed, because it's then half of 75, the maximum level. All in all, some good progress this month. ^_^

So, that's us Cooks for a bit. Stay tuned for the July Report. ;)

No comments: