Friday, July 18, 2008

Moving Onward

I've had an interesting month. Some of it geeky interesting, some of it just, well.. y'know.

Work

The big news from the work side of things is that I have decided to move on from where I am. It's not that I dislike the place, or the people there. Now Bexs has settled into her new job, I was thinking about it and have decided to make the change. In this job I'm not fulfilling my full potential so I think it's time to try something new. I believe it's what was planned for me, but unfortunately I'm not quite sure where to go next. Still, I've slung out a CV here and there and will continue to do so until something happens.

It's also worth a mention my hours have been reduced, for a few reasons. I'm seeing it as more opportunity to go out job hunting, but it does mean money may be a little tight for a while. Still, God has gotten us through worse situations than this.

The Car.

Well, it's still broked. A good motivation to get a job if ever there was one, it does my head in a little not being mobile like I was. Still, that year without a car has shown us that we can cope in a pinch.

My Projects

The two people that read my Journey of the Christian Gamer blog may have noted that I've started posting a bit more regularly. So obviously the change in direction from 'Highbrow discussion' to 'I was playing this game and thought...' has been beneficial. I might still stick in the odd 'serious' post.

My last post was about our Linux Laptop, and I'm glad to inform you that it has been good for work. I'm starting on the outline to my fantasy book now that I've my new 'To Do' thing in place. Another bit of interesting news is that I'm also working on Astris Bandit again.

One of my problems with Bandit was that I'd never sat down and thought about where it was all going. I'd not thought out a story arc, nor even the plot for the episode I was working on. In retrospect, a daft idea. So while I was working on my book, I started writing down the details of the plot for episode 2, starting to flesh out the story from where I had left off. Once the plot for episode 2 is sorted out, I'm going to plan out the main story arc and get some concept artwork done. After I post this I'm planning on tweaking the Astris site a little, updating archives and so on. I'll probably delete my Drunkduck Archive as I only managed to get 5 pages on it before it became a nightmare.

So well, that's me for now. I'm considering putting all my entries about what I get up to in Games on my other blog, since it's all about games anyway it would fit right in.

Well, ciao for now.

No comments: