Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Next Decade

I'm back!

It's been a while, no? Well guess what kids, I'm back and with a vengeance. Read on to see what I've been up to recently. Prepare yourself for a big post!

30


Last week I hit the big 3-0. Many folks fear getting near to these milestone ages, but I wasn't to bothered about it. In fact, I was looking forward to it! My twenties were pretty cool, so this next decade should be something special. Me and my buddy Chris had already decreed that 2009 would be 'The Year of Awesome' but I thought that I'd start my new year in February, since you can never get anything done in January.

The week of my 30th really showed how awesome things can be. My excellent wifey managed to organise me not one, but two surprise birthday parties! One with some friends and one with my church. I had so much birthday cake! It felt like a week long party, it was a fantastic week.

So, what is to come? Well, a year of getting my life where it needs to be, that's what! I'm kicking off Decade No. 3 in style, with a positive attitude and a smile on my chops. This year I'll get that job, pay those bills and then some. I'll spend more time focusing on spiritual things. Plus, I'll be getting off my butt and using these creative gifts I've got. Oh, and I'll be blogging a bit more. I fully expect that my blogs in December will be lengthy waffle about how great life is. So, let me fill you in on how that's been working out.

Teeth

So, back in October last year I mentioned two health based maladies- a gash to the knee and a painful back tooth. Now then, the knee is fine and still has a wicked scar on it, but my tooth.. is another story. Eventually the pain went and I carried on as normal, ever planning on getting it sorted but never having the time and other such excuses.

However, it came back to haunt me on the week of my 30th birthday. During my parties my tooth began to ache and by the weekend I was popping paracetamol to get rid of the spiky pain. The worst part was that I couldn't get to a dentist because of all the frivolities! I soldiered on and managed to get to a dentist recommended by my work colleagues, but again there was a snag- he couldn't see me until next week! A week of paracetamol seemed to be on the cards.

There was one other thing to try though. Both a colleague at my workplace and at Becky's had mentioned a Dental Hospital in town, which apparently was free. Having the day off, I figured it was at least worth a look in. So yesterday morning I tootled down there. I felt a bit cheeky actually, as the pamphlet I was given at reception said it was like an A and E for teeth, and for once my tooth was not giving me any gip at all. However, a two second look at my tooth told the dentist that the tooth had to go, as soon as possible. I was told to go eat and come back later.

This is where the day got fun. Since I'd a few hours to kill, I thought I'd wander around the shops. Who should I meet but my pal Tim, who was nabbing lunch with another friend! So I ended up having McDonald's with Tim and Steve. Then me and Tim wandered about town for a bit, which helped take my mind off things.

The rest you can kind of guess. I'm drinking tea through a straw and I'm on soft foods for a bit. Had to do a saltwater bath on my gap this morning... not a very tasty experience. But hey, at least I got my tooth sorted out at long last. Plus.. I came home with a few cheap games to soften the blow. ;)

Creative Vibes

Blogging again is only the first part of my creative thang. I think Journey of The Christian Gamer has run it's course for now, but I'm thinking of starting a new blog on which I'll plonk reviews of games I've been playing. I'm also working on a story and of course, I'll be getting back on track with my webcomic. Just gotta get my butt off of my PS3 and grab my pencil.

See ya Soon

Well, I guess that's it for me now. I'm planning on updating this thing at least once a week with pretty much anything I can think of. Brace yourselves, this year is gonna be awesome!

1 comment:

Lewis J. Boulton said...

Hey Dude.

Just one issue - you mention kicking off your 3rd decade... Not wanting to make you feel older, but you're actually kicking off your fourth decade pal!

Great blog sir.

I shall check in regularly!

Lew.