Friday, March 06, 2009

The Awesomeness Commences!

So...

It's been a week since my last post. Anything interesting going on? Sure, a few bits and bobs. Read on for more.

Visits

Me and Bexs were blessed by a visit from her family over the weekend. We spent most of the day in town. The Boys and Girls split up. The Girls went off to do girlie things like looking for clothes or whatever it is they do. Meanwhile, me and my Father in Law went to some manly places like Game Shops, Book Stores and The Pub. Sadly I couldn't join in with the last one, my tooth gap is still healing. Picked up a copy of Killzone 2 though. Been looking forward to that game for a while.

Overall we had a good day. Bexs even got to have a tickle fight with her youngest niece.



Job Hunting

Well, the job hunting continues, but at least I've had a spot of good fortune. On Tuesday I had two phone calls out of the blue, both about potential employment. One led to me arranging a telephone interview, the other for a meeting at some place in town. Not too shabby! This is the best I've been doing with my job hunting for a while, most of the time I've been sending off CV's and getting no reply.

The Interview I had yesterday, and although I wasn't too sure of how it went I received a phone call to say I'd been successful! Yay! It's not a done deal though, there's a face-to-face interview to do still. That's not til next week though.

The other meeting went.. well. But I left with a feeling of suspicion. What they were offering seemed far too good to be true. So I said I'd think about it and went home. I also asked some advice from some folks at Church who might have heard of this company. When I explained the situation, they too had similar suspicions. Jury's out on that one.

Killzone 2

Finally a note on Killzone 2. It's pretty good. Never one to believe the hype when it comes to games, I always maintained I'd be happy as long at it was at least as good as Killzone 1. Which it is. The Online mode seems interesting, but it seems to be that just like Call of Duty 4's Online mode it will only get better the longer you play it, as you'll unlock more stuff as you go. Should last me a while. Next game on my Radar is Uncharted 2.

Well, that's me for this week. I'm going to celebrate a good week with a few cups of tea, some PS3 and maybe a nice walk in the sunshine.

No comments: