Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Good Grief!!

My my, the time sure does whiz past doesn't it? Here I was typing away at the excitement of a new decade and suddenly it's six months later! Shocking!

Well, I'll be honest and say that a lot of my six months absence has been spent working hard and just getting on with the day to day stuff that needs to be done. Oh, and playing games and stuff. But I expect you guessed that part.

When it comes to my creative side I do read in my last post that I mentioned I was doing a reboot of my comic, and that is going well. The reboot is near done and I'm drawing the new panels slowly but lovingly. Woo and indeed Hoo. I've also pounded out a good ten thousand words or so on a story I've been writing. Come to think of it, I haven't actually touched that in a month or two, so I should get right back on that particular horse.

Part of the reason for that is the aforementioned 'getting on with it' of work coupled with a few annoying problems that have headed my way over the past few months. Most of them were expensive and involved my car breaking in some manner. A few weeks back the head gasket decided to go whilst I was whizzing up the M6. Not fun. The Cooks once again find themselves Without Car. One thing I am glad of is that we had managed to secure Bexs a shiny new telly just before this annoyance. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit for mine as my saving goal is now clear.

The problem of getting to and from work has been solved by a bit of good old fashioned Cook resilience, an awesome boss who has let me borrow her car occasionally, and a pink racing bike with only two gears. The bike was meant to be a back up plan when I fixed it up, and it serves it's purpose of getting me to and from work adequately. It's not the easiest of ways to get around, but until I own another car it will have to do. Cycling the seven-odd miles to work a few times has made me realise I'm in pretty good shape, considering.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with the last six months though, they've been quite decent. Some good news from friends such as wedding bells, pregnancies and so on, despite the stupid stuff. My job is still going very well and I've past the one year mark of being there. I have to admit, I didn't think I'd like to do pub work again, but this job has been great. Good people to work with and decent customers make for a brilliant place to work. Unlike my last employment, I don't dread going in but instead I enjoy being there. Praise God for blessing me with such a workplace.

Now things are stable for us Cooks we've sat down and had a few discussions about our future. We actually sat down and had a sensible conversation about having kids the other week. Two days later I was still asking Bexs if it had actually happened! The answer was 'Not yet, but soon', as there are certain things we would like to see change before we become a family of more than two. These things will take a little time so organise, so until then we'll carry on as we are with a view to working towards the goals we have set.

Sorry for not having scribbled on this thing for a while. I'll try and write again before December. Heh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome bro, glad things are going well!

I just thought - we never did get anywhere with the BRB project did we?

-Ceejay