Friday, March 11, 2011

2011: The Story So Far

Well, here we are squarely into 2011, and so it's time for another update on what the Cooks have been up to.

2001 started on a somewhat downbeat note, as I attended three funerals within the space of a few weeks. One of them involved a trip to Lincoln to say goodbye to a very close friend of Becky's family. They will all be missed.

This year was going to be a about creativity, supposedly. All I seem to have done is tidy up instead. This is not a bad thing however. Now me and the lady wife are in a stableish place, we've decided to take the plunge and save up to move house. So out with everything I don't need, replacing things and so on. Wading through 5 years worth of stuff is an arduous task, so I decided to get a headstart on it so we don't have to worry about it when it's moving day!

Speaking of creative things, soon I'll be launching me new blog. My graphic novel is proving hard to begin as I can't quite figure out a starting point. The gospel tract thing is still in the pipeline somewhere too. The biggest problem I've had if I'm honest is a touch of apathy, fuelled by long shifts at work. Still, I'll get there eventually.

Other than that, we've been quite busty. February was 'birthday month' as all my nephews and my niece all got a year older. I even gained a new nephew too! Now the dust has settled from that, it's back to business as usual. There's much to do!

No comments: