Friday, December 28, 2012

The 2012 post.

And so, with the year winding to a close, it's time to go over what us Cooks have been up to. If I'm honest, it's been a mixed bag of a year. 2012 was meant to be a year where me and Bexs settled things down and looked at what was to come next. But instead it was a bit of an up and down year.

The first few months continued as usual, although it did mark the beginning of my webcomic project, which I managed to faithfully produce until around October, but there was a good reason for that which I'll get to. Bexs continued to thrive in her job, and I pondered what the next step was for me. But looking forward came to a standstill at the end of March. My dad took a turn for the worse, having contracted double pnemonia. This had an adverse affect on his heart, and he went from joking around to being whisked into the emergency room. He spent the next month in a medically induced coma. Needless to say, it was a tough time for me and my family. Eventaully he recovered, and is now back to his usual self, for which I am grateful.

Things trundled on for a bit but I had a new focus- it was time I thought, to seek out something new. I was offered a position in a pub in Shrewsbury, which looked to be a great opportunity to further myself in a new company. This however, did not go as planned. Once I was in place, much of the things that were meant to happen did not. In fact, I was left in quite a bad position financially. The travel was knackering as well. Finishing at 1am, getting in at 2am after an hours drive and having to return at 9am... yeah, it wasn't a great job. It drained both me and my savings.

Thankfully, I'd made some good friends in my old job, who helped me return to my old company, although not my old pub. I'm currently working there helping to cover a member of staff at my level until they return after having had an operation. Knowing I was covered jobwise until the next year, I thought the worst had passed. However, another curveball was lobbed our way as our landlord revealed he was selling our house. Thankfully we do not have to move out until the house is sold, but now the stability we once enjoyed is now more of a wobbly.

So, that's been our 2012. Needless to say, a bit crap. It seems like it may be all change again for us next year. By the look of it I'll need a new job and we'll need a new place to live before 2013 ends. I am however, hopeful, rather than dispairing. Change can be a good thing, and after this awful year it can only be for the better. Onwards and Upwards!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm gone to inform my little brother, that he should also pay a quick visit this blog on regular basis to get updated from hottest reports.

Here is my web site :: augenoperation