Monday, April 20, 2009

Looking Up

Psh, I'm useless at updating, huh?

So, it's quite obvious that I haven't updated this bloomin' thing in just over a month. There's some good reasons for this which I'll sling your way very shortly.

You may note that the title picture is gone. I've done that as I believe it was preventing some folks from viewing my lovely blog. Going to look at a few settings too. On with the show!

All Change!

Well, the biggest reason I've not updated this thing is that I've finally snagged myself a job! Woohoo! It's a bar work job in a busy local. I've been there three weeks now and I'm really enjoying it, even though when I left the trade I wasn't sure I wanted to go back into it again.

One of the things that made me consider it was a sermon given by a chap called Jim Munson who was visiting our church. Part of his message was that we should look for provision in these crazy times from an 'unclean bird'. When Elijah ran off to hide, he was fed by ravens, who to the Jewish people were unclean. But yet there was Elijah being kept alive by creatures God had sent who were regarded as something to be avoided! Keeping this in mind I applied for jobs I wouldn't normally have applied for. If I recall, one of them was for pest controller.

Then out of the blue I get a text from my old boss in the trade who I'd chatted with last year sometime. It was a message to say someone might be getting in touch with me. A week or so later, they did, and after popping into the pub for a chat I went away to think and pray about it. I'd been saying I didn't want to go back into my old trade, but then keeping in mind unclean birds I thought this might be my particular raven. I took the plunge, accepted the position and I can honestly say I don't regret doing so. I'm on a full time contract and I'm really enjoying myself. Nice.

As for my other job, well sadly I really couldn't get away with doing both. After trialling both jobs at once I decided that I should leave my retail job. It was quite tiring! So last week I worked my last shift there and said my goodbyes on good terms. I don't regret my time there, it's helped me to realise a few things about myself and I've learned a whole bunch of stuff. Sometimes it's good to try something new. In this case, I don't feel that particular job was one I could ever truly feel comfortable in, but hey, we live and learn.

So.. where next?

Well, that's the big question, huh? Both me and Bexs are very exited now, as things are definitely starting to look up for us. Our priorities are simple really, pay off all our bills and debts by the end of the year and then start saving up for some fun things like holidays and the like. We know that we are not out of trouble just yet, but give it a few months and we're confident things will be Ok.

Onward!

1 comment:

David Derbyshire said...

Perhaps you should get yourself your own pub :-)