Monday, June 15, 2009

..and swimming...

This past month has had some interesting ups and downs for me. I'm still working at the same gaffe and have been given some extra responsibilities to do with the cellar work, which is nice. Bexs is still plodding her way through her NVQs, which is progressing nicely. I knew she could do it!

However there have been a few low points recently. The first isn't actually THAT bad, but certainly put a dent in my finances for a bit, which was getting some work done on the car. Turns out the alternator we'd had replaced only 6 months ago was duff and needed to be replaced again. It's put a hold on me putting a few quid on the side to save up for some stuff we need, but at the very least I have a working car now.

The other downer is a lot more complicated and involves my oldest friends. An incident occurred early on in May between us and it caused some serious tension between two of my best friends. The problem is, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I'm kind of in the middle and it's no fun. Should I feel guilty for talking to them both? Probably not. But I do. If I talk to one, I feel like I'm 'taking their side' against the other. What's a man to do? So far the only solution I have is prayer and the hope that time will heal us back to where we were before. But right now, it's playing on my mind because I don't enjoy feeling bad for being a good friend.

Other than that, my life is OK. Just started a new house group tonight, should be quite fun, in a spiritually challenging kind of way. I'm playing through some games I bought a few weeks back and I'm ready to do some serious tidying of the house because well, it needs it. My imagination is up and running again and I'm hoping to sit down one of these days and actually draw a comic or write a story or something. I can feel my life slowly getting back on track.

3 comments:

Ceejay said...

The worst thing about that whole 'friends breaking up' thing is that due to one person's paranoia (justified or not, we don't know) good friendships have been broken. It sucks. :-/

Anonymous said...

is it any wonder when there's no trust

Matt said...

I don't like anonymous comments. Either identify yourself or you get deleted. I won't have my blog used for someone else's agenda, thank you.