Friday, July 24, 2009

Living in 'Interesting' Times.

More Ups and Downs

Well, a month has been and gone and there's been a lot of stuff going on. Some of it's been good, some of it's been bad. I suppose I'd better blog about it then. To get it out of the way, I'll do the bad news first.

Well, that thing with my friends came to a head eventually. On a particularly fateful Saturday night, I received a text to say one friend had decided to call it a day with the other. Sad times. I was at work at the time, which meant I had to stew a bit. ut this was not the worst part of the evening. That same night, a drunken customer took um-bridge with me, came behind the bar and decided to lay into me. Thankfully my boss was in hot pursuit and managed to get him off me. I have contacted the police about this individual. Especially since I was just doing my job.

A few weeks later, my friends were no longer friends. These are indeed sad days. I can't help feel that this was an attack of the devil. They are both still friends with me, so here I am stuck square in the middle. No doubt God will give me the wisdom to deal with this situation.

Oh yeah, I'm skint. That's a bummer.

Bleh, enough of this. To the Good News!

The car is working fine, which is awesome. All it needs now is some cosmetic stuff done to it and then it'll be almost as good as new. Shame I haven't the funds at the moment to get it all sorted. Ho hum, eh?

Other that that incident with me being attacked, I'm still liking my job. My cellar duties keep me busy. I get to use brooms and buckets and stuff. It's fun.

Bexs is still enjoying her job, which is cool. She's still plugging away on that NVQ of hers. So far she has a paperwork folder the size of a small car, but it's very organised. And uh, yellow.

My creative streak has not gone away, which is nice. I've begun writing a short story and I'm ironing out the creases of a plot for one of my cartoons. There's a couple of other bits and bobs I'm working on too.

Gameswise, I picked up a game called Sacred 2 on my last payday. It's a bit like Diablo 2, and has so far kept me very entertained. Bexs is also liking this game, especially the co-operative play feature. So far I've clocked up about 100 hours smiting monsters in the face.

So there you have it folks. My month in a nutshell. I expect I'll see you lot in August.

Right, if you'll excuse me, I have to go eat beans on toast and go to work.

1 comment:

Kawaii said...

Sorry you been having a hard time recently mate, I hope things settle down for you again soon :)