Monday, August 31, 2009

Attack of the BBQ Summer

So then, how about that BBQ Summer? Yeah, right. Although having said that, I have been to the odd one or two meat burning events. I sure have left it until the very end of August for this month's update, it's only August for another hour or so at the time I write this!

Work and general life type stuff

Well, nothings really come of that incident at work. Not an awful lot the police can do really. But at least the guy is barred. Work is going fine. I'm doing more hours and doing a spot of re-training on some stuff I'd forgotten. It would also seem that my shifts are settling into a pattern, which would be nice.

The car is still going strong, and a few of the cosmetic bits are fixed. Apart from a little bit of drama on the way to a wedding, it's doing exactly what I need it to.

August is always an interesting month. My church stops it's regular services and exchanges them for different sorts of meetings, such as a picnic or a charity fun day and whatnot.

Becky's job also takes a sort of break. She does a few holiday clubs and has had most of August off. She's managed to accomplish some cool bits and bobs around the house, and thanks to the extra cash from her holiday clubs she now has her own shiny PS3, which she's been using to watch movies and play online co-op games with me. Bexs will be going back to work again soon. I have to admit I'm going to be glad when she does, as I've been pining for a bit of time to myself recently.
This August also saw her best friend from way back get married. It was a cool day, and we both wish Beth and Ali all the best on the crazy journey that is marriage.

I'm still working on my creative projects, nothing on paper yet. I'm trying to create a place in the house where I'll be able to just let rip and type or draw or whatever and get a move on with them. Originally I'd thought about turning the spare room into an office space, which worked while I was looking for a job but now it seems it's only really become a dumping ground for officey stuff. Thanks to Becky's efforts with her tidying spree this month I'm considering the dining room as a potential creative space, where no distractions can get me.

Gamez

Turns out that Sacred 2 was an awesome choice for a game. It lasted me through all of August pretty much! I've been working on getting all the trophies for it, which is a long term job but doable. This last couple of weeks I've taken a break from Sacred to concentrate on some games I've borrowed.

inFamous is an open world game where you play as a free-running gent who after a disaster discovers he has mastery over electricity. It was a heck of a lot of fun climbing up buildings and zapping the bad guys.

Ghostbusters the Video game.. well, you can king of guess what that one was about. Having watched the two movies before playing I found this game a lot of nostalgic fun. Just don't cross the streams!

I recently bought Bexs a copy of Saints Row 2, which has an excellent online co-op mode. No doubt we'll be plugging through that in the months to come. I also bought her a set of Rock Band drums, so she's also enjoying rocking out with her husband. :D

There's been a few large games industry meetings the past few months, revealing what's to come to those who like me enjoy a spot of digital entertainment. Digging into the archives here will reveal my love of the MMO Final Fantasy XI, and so it was with great glee I discovered that Final Fantasy XIV will also be an MMO. Expect me to be yakking about it a lot next year when it's released!

Currently I'm playing though Bioshock again before I get back into my Sacred 2 groove. I've still many a trophy to get on that game...

Anyways folks, I'll see you at the end of September for another update.

No comments: